Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Best and Worst of 2005

It's New Years Eve. It is the time of the year where people, and the media, like to publish their best or worst of the year lists. Since this is my first year with a blog I figure I should have my Best and Worst of the year list also. Remember these are my opinions and will most likely conflict with your opinions.

Best Movie of the Year: Serenity. I loved this movie. There were a lot of other movies this year that I enjoyed almost as much - Sahara, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Batman Begins, Fantastic Four, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. If you are looking for some deep artsy-fartsy analysis of my movie picks you are reading the wrong blog. I picked Serenity because I enjoyed watching it the most.

Worst Movie of the Year: Since I don't just go see anything at the theaters. I tend to be picky. So I would have to say that none of the movies I saw either in the theater or on DVD this year would qualify as worst of the year. But if I need to pick a worst of the year movie it would have to be any movie that starred Johnny Depp or any other of his USA hating actor friends.

Best TV show of the year: NCIS. Why? Because the whole family likes it. Except some of the shows have been getting rather graphic and we have to send the 8 year olds out of the room. Which really irritates them.

Worst TV show of the year: Anything with the word "Reality" in the description or the title.

Best personal moment of the year: Approximately 2 PM on Oct. 15. I was coaching my 8th grade volleyball team while they were in the middle of serving run that ended with them upsetting the number two seed team in the first round of the championships. My assistant coach walked up behind me, tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear that the only team my 7th grade volleyball team had lost to in the regular season were just upset in the semifinals and my girls would be playing in the finals against a team that they had easily beaten twice during the regular season, and that morning in the round robin.

Worst personal moment of the year: When my boss walked into my office and told me that the missile program that I had supported for 19 years was cutting back. I was told to stop work immediately and start looking for a different job.

Best blog of the year: Michael Yon : Online Magazine


Worst Blog of the Year:
Democratic Underground (This site is such a cesspool of lies and hatred that I refuse to link to it.)

Best E-mail I received: Tie: My neice Cassie e-mailed to tell us that her baby had been born and that Mommy and Baby were both healthy and well. We were anxiously awaiting word from our Louisiana Relatives after Katrina hit when we heard from cousin Bonnie that everyone was safe and well.

Worst E-mail I received: (excluding the spam) The message that one of my best friend's Mother had passed away. Vanora had been a second mother to me in high school and college. She fed us, scolded us, put us up for the night, talked to us when we needed talking to and listened when we needed to talk.

My Best Blog Post: Based on hit count - this one.

My Worst Blog Post: Probably the one you are reading right now.

Best DIY Project: The cradle I made for Cassie's baby.

Worst DIY Project: The Halloween decorative wrought iron fence I made. It was made of wood and pvc pipe. It turned out looking OK, but took three attempts and several redesigns.

Best Decision I made all year: I started this blog.

Worst Decision I made all year: I started this blog.

No comments: