Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Cold

Last night I started feeling like I was having a sinus attack. Running nose, sore throat, etc. This morning I woke up with a cold. Normally this wouldn't be that big a deal. I work in a cubical and can go all day without any close personal contact with my co-workers. However today and tomorrow we are hosting a large review with dozens of out-of-town attendees. I decided to be selfish and stay home today. I don't want to share what I have with all those travelers so they can take it home with them.

This is not a good week to be sick. Today is Halloween, my family's second favorite holiday. Tomorrow is my daugher's last volleyball game. It is also my last practice for my volleyball team. We have a scrimmage against Lone Pine on Thursday and our final tournament on Saturday. I don't want to miss any of those events.

So I'm staying home today. Gee, a whole day at home by myself I could catch up on my blogging, my paperwork, my movie watching or my reading. But I fell like crap, so I'm going back to bed.

No comments: