Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Flu

I have managed to avoid catching the flu, that everyone around me seems to be sharing - until now. Monday afternoon I started feeling a little out of sorts. I had a tickle in my throat and my chest felt a little congested. By the time I went to bed Monday night I was running a low grade fever.

My fever broke around 8 Am Tuesday morning. Then came back again by mid afternoon. Last night when I went to bed it was 102.5. This morning it was only 100.2. Around 11 this morning my fever broke again, then it was back around 2PM, and gone again by 4PM. It is just a little past 5 now and I'm starting to feel chilled again. Oh boy...

I have sick leave to stay home and I am doing that. I have someone lined up to handle my volleyball team practices for the week. But I really hope I get over this before the weekend. My 14s volleyball team is scheduled to play in San Diego on Saturday. The thought of sending my girls off to play without me is just killing me. I know that my girls will be fine without me, their parents will be there, and once the games start my team is pretty self sufficient. I just need someone to keep track of the pace of the game and to call a time out if they get into trouble. But I like to fool myself into thinking that they need me there, even if they don't.

No comments: