Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Busy Weeks Coming Up

I haven't been blogging too much lately. I may not be able to do much the next two weeks. Thursday night I have to run over to Bakersfield and pick Chaos and two of her friends from the volleyball camp they are at this week.

On friday right after Destruction gets out of his soccer camp we are loading up the van and heading for Laramie WY. Chaos is enrolled in a volleyball camp there next week. After her camp is over we are going to run over to Cheyenne for a few days.

Frontier Days starts the weekend of 21st. We are going to attend the opening Saturday Parade. I have rodeo tickets for Sunday afternoon. There is a pancake breakfast on Monday. We plan on spending several days visiting friends, being tourists and just having fun.

On Thursday the 27th we will have a Memorial Service for my Mother in Cheyenne. Dad wanted to have the Memorial Service during Frontier Days when most of his grandchildren were going to be in town. There was some mixup and miscommunications with the Pastor and we ended up with the memorial service being planned for the day after we were going to leave to come home. So we had to make some different plans. Fortunately the motel I had our return trip booked with willing to move our reservation out one day.

We didn't take much of a vacation last summer. Since we will be spending a lot of this one with family I'm not sure how much of a vacation it will be. But we will be away from work and out of the desert heat. So I guess it will qualify as a vacation.

I don't know what kind of internet connections I will be able to scare up while out of town. But I'll write some occasionally and post it when I get the chance.

The one thing I'm really gonna miss is the second half of the Tour de France. None of the places we will be visiting will have OLN on their cable systems, or they will not have cable at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
I expect a phone call and a visit next week when you are here. My office is right downtown about a block from the pancake breakfast, so no excuses.

David said...

I think I'll be able to manage a call and visit. We'll see you sometime next week.