Sunday, April 01, 2007

Movie Meme

Mostly Cajun has this movie meme up on his site and I decided to steal borrow it:

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
Young Frankenstein
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Quiet Man
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Yankee Doodle Dandy
McLintock
Hatari
Quigley Down Under
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Oklahoma
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Singing in the Rain
Brigadoon
Little Shop of Horrors
Camelot
Captain Horatio Hornblower

2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.

Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Halloween (There were several girls in college who wanted to see this movie and I was one of the few guys willing to go see it with them. I saw it 5 times. Mommy always taught me to be a gentleman. So when those poor sweet dears needed someone to hold onto when the movie got scary who was I to deny them my protection)
Alien
Young Frankenstein (Ditched English to go to the 3 PM show and sat through the 5:30, 8:00 and 10:30 showings also)
The Karate Kid (see number 14)

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Not many of todays actors or actresses will get me to the theater but I have rented, bought or gone to watch a movie simply because of:

John Wayne
Cary Grant
Jimmy Stewart
Marilyn Monroe
Doris Day
Olivia Dehavallind
Errol Flynn
Mel Brooks
Gene Kelly
Fred Astaire
Red Skelton
Bob Hope
Judy Garland
Audie Murphy
Elvis
Debbie Reynolds


4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.

Johhny Depp
Jane Fonda
Barbara Streisand
Most of todays young actors who exhibit a pathological need to shove their political views down our throats or condemn my lifestyle.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Young Frankenstein
Blazing Saddles
Star Wars

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Oklahoma
Yankee Doodle Dandy
Singing in the Rain
Brigadoon
Little Shop of Horrors
Camelot

OK my dirty little secret is out - I like musicals

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with

All the musicals listed above as long as no one else is in the house. I love to sing, but I can't carry a tune in a wheelbarrow. So I don't sing where others can hear.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

Watch the DVD box set Firefly
Then watch the movie Serenity

The Quiet Man
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Anything starring Harold Lloyd
Captain Horatio Hornblower


9. Name a movie that you own.

There are too many to list here. The actual number is well into 4 digits. Most of them self recorded onto DVD. I love movies. I like to collect actors works. I have over 100 John Wayne movies, and all but three of Judy Garland's Movies. I'm working my way through most of the rest of the list at number 3.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

Bing Crosby and Bob Hope

Just kidding....

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

Yes, but not since college. The most memorable were a Mel Brooks Marathon, The Trinity movies marathon and a John Wayne/Howard Hawks marathon

12. Ever made out in a movie?

Um.. Yes.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.

Titanic

14. Ever walked out of a movie?

I walked out of The Karate Kid when my date got sick (flu) and wanted to go home. No reflection of the movie. When I saw it later I enjoyed it.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

Yong Frankenstein (tears of laughter)
Old Yeller (the other kind of tears)

16. Popcorn?

Absofragginglutely

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

In my young and single days at least once a week. When my dear wife and I were dating and before we had children we spent almost every saturday afternoon at the theater. For the last 5 years I get to the theater about 5 times a year. We still love movies, just not most of the crap they are producing these days.

18. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?


300

19. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

Sci-fi
Musical
Adventure
Comedy


20. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

That Darned Cat - my grandfather took me. We stood in line for what seemed like forever. He bought me popcorn, soda, and candy all three of which I spilled on him at one time or another during the movie.


21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?


Emmanuel the Joys of a Woman. They showed it at the Student Union in College, I had completed three final exams that day and was exhausted. But this was the first chance any of my friends and I had to see an X rated movie. So we went. I fell asleep, then in the middle of one of the heavy sex scenes, I (while sound asleep) toppled over out of my chair into the aisle. It was extrememly embarassing. I should have just followed my first impulse and gone to bed that night. I guess this is kind of a phony answer since I never actually saw most of the movie.

22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

Rocky Horror Picture Show. I avoided this movie for months, then finally went to a midnight showing where the audiance (except me) were all dressed like characters in the movie and they all knew the responses, what to throw an when. Once I got over being self concious I had a blast.

23. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?

Tie between Alien and Halloween

24. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?

Young Frankenstein

I have seen lots of hillarious movies in my days, but I never laughed so hard at a movie in all my life.

No comments: