Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm a Conservative

The phone rings this evening and my son answers. He listens for a moment then walks over and hands me the phone. A pleasant sounding, polite female voice verifies who I am then says that she is from the Republican National Committee and would like to ask me a few questions. Normally this is the point where I say "Sorry I'm busy right now and hang up. But out of curiosity I agreed to answer a few questions.

First question:

"Do you generally consider yourself to be a Republican, a Democrat or an Independent?"

My Answer:

"I'm a Conservative."

The voice on the phone said "Thank you" and she hung up!

I figure this is the heart of the reason why the Republicans lost the White House, the Senate and the House of Representatives. Since when has the Republican Party been afraid to talk to conservatives?

No comments: