Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sci-Fi Shark Jumping

The Sci-Fi Channel has jumped the shark.

With all the classic science fiction that has been aired through the years that the Sci-Fi channel could start showing they have decided that the best new series to add to their programming is Extreme Championship Wrestling.

I cannot begin to express how disgusted I am by this move. I have always enjoyed watching the sci-fi channel. Yes, even the bad movies. But I absolutely refuse to watch professional wrestling.

I don't care what Sci-Fi Channels research shows about Sci-Fi fans other favorites to watch. Wrestling is NOT Science Fiction. It doesn't belong on the Sci-Fi channel.

One of my favorite podcasts is Michael and Evo's Slice of Sci-Fi. Recently they have been discussing the idea of a Science Fiction Pay Channel that would work like the Starz Western Channel. Pay cable channel that shows only science fiction without commercials, or chopping up the shows. I would subscribe to a channel like this in a heartbeat. The Sci-fi Channel has been losing my support for years because of the way the chop up and edit the shows they carry. Now they have decided to stop turning good shows into crap and start just producing crap right from the beginning.

No comments: