Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Happy Birthday Grandma and Grandpa

May 31st is my Dad's Dad's and my Mom's Mom's Birthdays.

If they were still alive my Grandpa Dick would be 108 today. My Grandma Nana would be 100. As a kid I always thought that it was funny that two of my grandparents had their birthdays on the same day. Grandpa and Grandma were never all that hot on the idea. The both wanted to be special on that day, and thought that any attention that was paid to one was detracting from the other.

Grandma Nana would have loved to turn 100 today. But she only made it to 95. Which is not bad for a woman who was told by almost every doctor who saw her for the last 40 years of her life that she probably wouldn't live thorugh the end of that year. She outlived most of those doctors.

No comments: