Sunday, February 25, 2007

And The Oscar Goes To:

I don't know and I don't care.

My family continued our boycott of the Academy Awards this evening. Instead we watched Gone with the Wind and Casablanca. The rest of the family has headed for bed and I'm watching the 1957 horror movie The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas with Forrest Tucker and Peter Cushing. At least it was a horror movie in 1957.

My family gave up watching the Oscars several years ago when we started realizing that this was an award show honoring people we don't like or respect for making movies that we don't watch. So why would we care fit what they wear, who they thank or what awards they win?

Maybe if Hollywood ever starts making more than 4 or 5 movies a year that we are willing to watch, and if thier stars stick to acting and stop shooting their mouths off in public about things they know nothing about we might start watching again. But I don't expect that to happen any time soon.

Besides, Ellen Degeneris is no Johnny Carson.

No comments: