Sunday, November 18, 2007

First Geese

I saw my first geese of the season yesterday while leaving my club volleyball practice.

Each winter Ridgecrest is the vacation spot for thousands of snow geese. Having all those geese hanging out at the golf course makes the place kind of messy, but I don't care. I like hearing them fly over. You just have to be careful not to look up at them. I also like seeing the flocks of geese dining on all the different grassy fields in town.

Most of them like to hang out at the golf course and over on the high school sports fields.

Sure I only saw four geese fly over but that means the rest will be here soon. That also means that winter is here - somewhere. It was 78 degrees here today so it doesn't seem too much like winter yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, have found it very odd to be walking around in shorts when Thanksgiving is only days away!!! I remember last turkey day, I had to throw on a sweater and some thermals to go outside. Is it global warming, or the mere fact that we live in a freakin desert and shouldn't be so surprised. I dunno, but until I start cussing about how cold it is, it just isn't the holidays.

Jayme said...

I saw our last geese a few weeks ago, and I thought, why on earth are there still geese around here? :) I envy the 78 degrees. It is 12 here. I don't know what I would do living in a place where I didn't have to start my car for 20 minutes before leaving this time of year. Happy Turkeyday