Thursday, June 01, 2006

Speaking Diplomatically?

Commencement speaker Alan Hevesi, the New York State Comptroller, introduced fellow Democrat, Senator Charles Schumer to the graduates at Queens College with:

"The man who, how do I phrase this diplomatically, who will put a bullet between the president's eyes if he could get away with it. The toughest senator, the best representative. A great, great member of the Congress of the United States."


Putting a bullet between the president's eyes is speaking diplomatically? Wow, I don't want to be around when this clown decides to get blunt.

Hours after his bout with foot and mouth disease Mr. Hevesi called a press conference to say:

"I apologize to the president of the United States" and to the fellow state politician, Sen. Charles Schumer, Hevesi said. "I am not a person of violence.

"I am apologizing as abjectly as I can. There is no excuse for it. It was beyond dumb."


Yep, beyond dumb says it pretty well. Mr. Hevesi, before becoming comptroller was a professor of government and politics at Queens College. He also referred to his comments as

"remarkably stupid" and "incredibly moronic."

"I do speak extemporaneously," he said. "And I've never said anything like this."


Mr. Hevesi I have bad news for you. You do say things like that. But even worse you say them in public, on video, in front of a whole bunch of witnesses.

I love Bush-Derangement syndrome. It makes some nominally rational people do and say some of the most idiotic things you have ever heard.

No comments: