Monday, October 17, 2005

Rice Doesn't Want to Run

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, told Tim Russert that she will not run for President in 2008.

"It's not what I want to do with my life, it's not what I'm going to do with my life."


That is going to upset a lot of the Rice in 2008 folks. But I think it is wonderful news. I never wanted Condoleezza Rice to run for President. I would like to see her come back to California and run for the Senate. I think she would be a wonderful replacement for either Boxer or Feinstein. We need to replace them both, but unfortunately Condi Rice could only run against one of them.

But then Miss Rice dashed my hopes and plans apart with her next statement.

"I'm not somebody who wants to run for office. I haven't ever run for anything."


I can hope she will change her mind. After all she has almost three years to decide, and a lot of hard work to do before then. Maybe after a couple years of globe hopping as the Secretary of State Miss Rice will decide she is ready to settle down to a nice chushy Senate seat and work on building up her re-election fund.

No comments: