Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

I wish for anyone reading this a very happy New Year. Just try and remember that 2006 is a magical year. It is the only year that could possibly fill the 365 day long void between 2005 and 2007.

We survived my 13 year old daughter's New Years Eve party. They girls just hung out and giggled and laughed until midnight. Then they all went outside and yelled, screamed, blew noisemakers, and created a terrible din. After a couple minutes we convinced them that we didn't want the police at their party and they quieted down and moved inside.

Once inside they settled down to watch movies and talk the rest of the night away.

I got up at 9:30 to make carmel rolls for breakfast. They were all still sleeping. My daughter admits to being up until around 4:30. The others wouldn't say. They pointed out to me that my parting instructions to them were "Don't destroy the house, don't light anything on fire, try and keep the noise down, and try and get to sleep before the sun comes up." The assured me that they were asleep before the sun came up.

Most of them finally got moving around noon. In a couple cases it was the smell of fresh baked carmel rolls that got them moving. For the others it was the torment and teasing of their friends that got them up.

So I settled in for an afternoon of NFL football, snacks, and a nap.

I only made one New Years Resolution this year. I'm going to try and live a little healthier. More exercise and less junk food. It's not very objective, and doesn't really have any concrete metrics I will be able to measure other than how I feel. But it will have to do.

Happy New Year!

No comments: