Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Nick Saban’s True Colors

Two weeks ago the press started asking Nick Saban the Miami Dolphin’s Head Coach about the rumors that he would be leaving the Dolphins to be the next coach at the University of Alabama. For two weeks Coach Saban emphatically replied:

"I'm not going to be the Alabama coach," he said last week.
Saban said he wouldn't comment on the Alabama opening anymore.
"I'm just making a rule to never comment on something like that again because every time you comment on it, it just makes for another story," Saban said. "So I'm not going to comment on it five years from now, and I'm not going to comment on it next week."
He reminded reporters of his stance after Miami's season-ending 27-22 loss to the Colts on Sunday, adding the Dolphins job is the one "I'm committed to doing well."


“I guess I have to say it,” Saban said. “I’m not going to be the Alabama coach.”


This answer was not enough for the media however and at every press conference they took every opportunity to ask him again about the Alabama job. Each time Nick Saban denied any interest in the Alabama job.

This morning, Nick Saban told the Dolphin’s owner, Wayne Huizenga, that he is leaving the Dolphins to take the Head Coaching job at the University of Alabama.

Good Luck Nick and good riddance. I liked Coach Saban when he was at LSU. As a Dolphin’s fan I was thrilled when he was hired two years ago as the new head coach. But that was before I discovered that the man in a hopeless liar. He stood up in front of several different podiums over several weeks and repeatedly lied his ass off to the entire sports world.

Congratulations to the University of Alabama you just agreed to pay a rumored 40 million dollars over 7 - 8 years to a man who will stand up and lie to you at the drop of a hat to further his own interests.

It is my understanding that the most important aspect of a college coach’s job is recruiting. How effective is Nick Saban going to be as a recruiter when prospective player's parents realize that this man is a liar. Will anyone at the University of Alabama, any alumnus, any prospective player, any current player at UA ever be able to believe anything their new head coach ever tells them. The man is a proven liar.

Good Luck over the next few years Alabama, you’re going to need it.

No comments: