Saturday, January 27, 2007

The No Fun League Strikes Again

In an continuing effort to remove all the fun from proffesional football the NFL fired the latest shot in the battle against allowing fans to enjoy the sport they are paying to attend. The NFL has decided that there will be no tailgating allowed at the superbowl.

This is purely an NFL decision. The City of Miami and the Dolphins organization allow tailgating during the regular season.

I personally don't go to NFL games. I've been to two in my lifetime. Both because I was working with the Casper Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps who were performing at the halftime. So I have never had the option to do any tailgating. But it does look like fun. Why would anyone not want to hang out in the parking lot before the game, grill some meat and drink a brew, or two. It sounds like a great way to start a game. It sounds like even a better way to end a game. Grill some more meat, relax and wait for all the traffic to empty out. But then what do I know? I don't work for the NFL.

No comments: