Monday, March 14, 2005

It's Official - I'm Too Old For This

I had to disrupt my birthday celebration of doing nothing by getting out of the house this evening for a while to go coach a volleyball practice. It was the first practice for my city league team. Eight little girls ranging from 10 to 12 years old. Four of them have never played volleyball before. Oh boy......

I started from scratch with all of them. I had one hour to try and teach them, passing serving, some court play, the basic rules, some sportsmanship issues, pass out shirts, pass out schedules and walk them through sample pregame, game and postgame situations.

We finished the practice and I think the only person in the gym I didn't confuse was my daughter who has been through this with me before. Now I just have to wait until Thursday evening to see if anything I said stuck.

I did get one thing out of this practice. I'm really getting too old to try and keep up with these young kids.

No comments: