Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Razorblogging

Glenn Reynolds and others are Razorblogging over at Instapundit.com.

So I'll throw my two cents worth in also.

I use a modern cartridge style blade, canister gel cream and scrape my face in the shower. I started shaving with an electric. But when I sported a beard for about 5 years it was awkward trimming and shaving just my neck with the electric. So I started using a disposable blade. When I lost the beard, I kept shaving with the blades because they were easier on the parts of my poor face that hadn't seen the light of day for 5 years. The electric really chewed up my then tender face.

Now, 20 years later the blade shaving is just become a habit. I still have the old electric that I keep around for trimming my ears. You see, at a certain age your hair gets confused. Instead of growing out of your head, it starts growing out other spots on your body. If I could get all the hair I got growing out my ears, nose, face and shoulders to start growing out the top of my head I wouldn't have to wear a hat everytime I leave the house.

But this is all just nonsense, because if my wife and kids didn't object so strongly I would probably be furry again. The only thing worse than having to get out of bed in the morning is scraping your face after you're up.

No comments: