Sunday, September 11, 2005

Blog Halfiversary

Halfiversary?

Ok, so maybe I shouldn't be making up words.

Today is the 6 month anniversary of the Ridgecrest Blog.

I'm trying to not get excited about this. It's not like I'm going to buy my laptop flowers, or take my self out to dinner, or buy matching tee shirts for my wife and I. Ok, I could get the matching tee shirts, mine could say "Blogger" and hers would say "At least he didn't buy a motorcycle and find up a 20 year old girlfriend."

Today was also the four year anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks. I got up today kind of holding my breath dreading another hit. Fortunately it didn't happen, yet.

I decided back in March that I would give blogging a shot. I've had fun with it. No one is reading it regularly but I guess that is good news for the rest of the world. I would hate to think that people had nothing better to do with their time than read my ramblings.

So what is next? I'm going for another 6 months. I started out writing about my life here in Ridgecrest and I want to try and do more of that. I tend to get off on political tangents and I don't intend to stop those. But I want to try and concentrate a little more on life right here.

According to Statcounter my blog has generated 2,251 page loads, and 1,348 First Time visitors in the last 6 months. I'm not going to worry about hits and readership. Like I decided when I started this I'm doing it for me, and maybe for my kids. If anyone else gets any enjoyment from it then good for them.

No comments: