Sunday, September 11, 2005

September 11, 2001 - 2005

It has been four years since the terrorist attacks in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania. Our world has changed, but in many ways it has not. We have brought down two terrorist supporting regimes. We have driven the leadership of the worlds leading terrorist organization deeper underground than they were before. And on the home front there are millions of people who now recongnize that the terrorist threat to the United States is a real threat.

Unfortunately a lot has not changed. There are still a large number of Americans who just refuse to recognize the danger we face. They preach peace and love while the enemy plots and plans their destruction.

Today we fight two wars on terror. The war against radiacal Islamofacists who wish to destroy everything we hold dear - our lives, our freedom and our future. The other war is against our own people. We are at war with a faction of American citizens who will do anything, say anything, exploit any political advantage to stop us from defending ourselves from a terrorist threat that they just do not believe exists. These people in many ways form a greater threat than the terrorists themselves. Because if they have their way, we will become a nation of sacrifical lambs, peacefully led to slaughter on the alter of hatred, intolerance and slavery.

September 11, 2001 woke up most of America to the threat of terrorism. I just hope that now in 2005 we can continue our fight - against global terrorism and domestic appeasement.

For the last four years most of the main stream media had refused to show pictures of the attacks on the world trade centers. CNN claims that such pictures may imflame hatred and anger and that they upset too many people.

Well I believe that more people need to be upset, more people need to be inflamed and angry. To that end I encourage you to watch the streaming video at Never Forget 9-11
America Attacked 9-11


But be warned. As Kevin at SoCalPundit puts it:
This is blunt truth that not everyone can handle.


Another Bear Flag League member - The Jawa Report asks what we were doing on the morning the towers were attacked. Here was my answer:
I had just gotten out of the shower and click on the TV. I stepped back into the bathroom and started brushing my teeth. In the background I heard the newscaster talking about a plane stiking the WTC and that the president in Florida. I walked back into the room with a mouth full of toothpaste and turned to look at the tv just in time to see the second plane strike the tower.

I swallowed my toothpaste.

I couldn't believe that a pilot could be that wrong, that incompetent. Then it occured to me that this could not be an accident, two planes and two towers it had to be intentional.

I sat on the bed with my wife for several minutes just staring at the TV. She was crying and asking why. I just sat there and stared at the TV while getting angrier and angrier.

By the time we had to take our kids to school and get ourselves to work my wife was avoiding thinking about what we had seen by concentrating on getting the kids ready. I was seething. This was wrong. This was war.

My personal transition from shock and disbelief to anger and the desire to see some bastard pay for this took about 30 minutes. It has been four year and those images still immediately stir the same feeling of anger and a desire for revenge.

No comments: