Friday, March 31, 2006

Commercial Dad

Tonight I turned into a TV commercial.

Do any of you remember an old commercial, I think it may have been McDonalds, but I'm not sure. The commercial starts with a Dad and 3 or four young girls get out of a car in the McDonalds parking lot. One little girls looks at her Dad and whispers "You're not coming in are you?" The Dad laughs it off, says no, and gets back into the car. The scene cuts away to the girls sitting in a booth, laughing, talking, and eating french fries. Dad is sitting in the car eating his french fries and listening to the radio.

Tonight was fish fry dinner at Saint Ann's. As usual my oldest daughter wanted to stick around after we finihsed eating to help serve food and visit with her friends. So we left her with my dear wife's cellphone and headed home.

A couple hours later she called to tell me she was ready to come home. She also asked if we could give one of her friends a ride home. When I got to the church my daughter was waiting outside with two of her friends and they wanted to go to Baskin Robbins. Once I was assured that both girls parents were ok with them going for ice cream we headed to Baskin Robbins. I pulled into the parking lot, got out of the van and opened the back door to let the girls out. None of the girls said anything to me, but I sure wasn't feeling welcome in that group all of a sudden. So I handed my daughter some money in case she or her friends didn't have some with them and got back into the van.

So my daughter and two friends went in and had ice cream while they laughed and talked. I sat in the van and listened to the radio. I didn't get any french fries.

No comments: