Sunday, April 10, 2005

Flowering Desert

Last month I posted a picture of some wild flowers that I took along hwy 395 on the way home from Anaheim.

This morning the whole family went over to the Maturango Museum for the wild flower exhibit. I'm not sure what I expected. The grounds around the museum doesn't have many flowers. So I wasn't sure what they were going to do.

Inside the museum they had a room with tables around the perimeter. These tables were covered with vases of wildflowers. I was amazed at the number of different flowers that grow here in the desert.

Each table easily had 20 - 30 or more vases of flowers. Each vase held a different flower. Each was tagged with it's scientific name, common name, and the area it was collected at.


If you would like to see some more pictures of wild desert flowers check out Nature Ali's Website.

No comments: