Tuesday, June 21, 2005

For My Next Trick.....

This afternoon Slimeball Senator Dick Durbin was once again speaking before the senate. He had this to say:

Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them, I extend my heartfelt apologies. There's usually a quote from Abraham Lincoln that you can turn to in moments like this. Maybe this is the right one. Lincoln said, if the end brings me out right, what is said against me won't amount to anything. If the end brings me out wrong, ten thousand angels swearing I was right wouldn't make any difference. In the end, I don't want anything in my public career to detract from my love for this country, my respect for those who serve it, and this great Senate. I offer my apologies to those who were offended by my words. I promise you that I will continue to speak out on the issues that I think are important to the people of Illinois, and to the nation. Mr. President, I yield the floor.

In an earlier post I implied that Senator Durbin was a wolf in sheep's clothing - an unAmerican Sleezeball who has been disguising himself as a United States Senator. I made this accusation based on his comparison of Americans to the Nazis, the Soviet Gulags or Pol Pot. Well the above statement by Senator Durbin was intended to pacify the horde of Americans who objected to his slandering of us citizens and our men and women of the military.

If you read the above statement closely you will see that the Senator does not apologize for comparing United States citzens to despotic regimes. He does not retract his comparison. He only apologizes for offending us with his words. He does not retract or regret those words. In fact he promises to continue to speak out on issues that he thinks are important.

So quicker than the eye can follow Senator Durbin has worked a magical miracle. He has changed himself from a wolf into a weasel.

No comments: