Thursday, June 30, 2005

News from Back Home

According to the Wyoming Tribune/Eagle Newspaper in December 2002 then governor-elect Dave Freudenthal threatened to behead the state Treasurer, the Superintendent of Public Instruction, Trent Blankenship, and the State Auditor.

Blankenship told Riverton Ranger editor Steve Peck that Freudenthal told the group, "Don't ever cross me or your head will be in your lap before you even know I've drawn my knife."


Hey Governor, you're in Wyoming, not Saudi Arabia. You can't threaten to behead someone around there without getting their dander up.

Governor, next time you feel like threatening the people you work with you might think twice about threatening to pull a knife on those folks. Do you have any idea how embarrasing it would be to have your family read in the Tribune/Eagle the next day - "Governor killed when he pulls a knife during a gun fight"?

Pay close attention to your surroundings Governor. Next time you might try threatening to lasso them and drag them down Capitol Ave like a wandering calf.

Now, I wonder if the Jim Storey mentioned in the article is the same Jim Storey that was the assistant Principal at Central High School when I went there? If I had known he was a former Marine I might have been more careful about my behavior....

Also. I used to work for the Wyoming Tribune/Eagle. I was a shaker/counter in the press room for the Eagle, which meant I worked the 11 PM to 3 AM shift. Before that I delivered the Tribune for about 2 years. Today they only have one paper, the Tribune/Eagle.

No comments: