Thursday, June 02, 2005

Getting wet in the backyard

This afternoon we had an end of the school year party for the twins and several of their classmates. We had two girls and 3 boys come over. It was a nice manageable size group.

We set up the water slide, an inflatable pool, a slip-n-slide and the zip line trolley in the back yard.

The kids had fun. They were sliding and splashing in the pool when I pulled out the squirt guns. It was a fun water fight. Except that I was outnumbered 7 to 1. Good thing I had the best squirt gun.

The kids played for several hours then I grilled some burgers, hotdogs and sausages. The kids all seemed to have fun. My two feel asleep rught after they all left. I'm tired and sore enough that I guess I had fun too.

Now we just have to do it all again on saturday with the oldest kid's friends. I may not start a water fight with that crew. I don't think I can pick them up and toss them into the pool as easily as I could the 8 year olds.

No comments: